Minority status to JAINS was granted by Government of India vide Gazette dated 27th January 2014 though 11 States including Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan had already given minority status.
Due to this status, Jains are now eligible for various schemes for Welfare of Minorities under MINISTRY OF MINORITY AFFAIRS – CENTRAL GOVERNMENT as well as various Welfare schemes run by respective State Governments.
Following are the schemes covered under Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Educational Empowerment
- Area / Infrastructure
- Economic Empowerment
- Women Empowerment and
- Special Needs
- Scholarship Schemes
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship (MANF)
- Padho Pardesh – Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loans for Overseas Studies for the Students Belonging to the Minority Communities
- Free Coaching and Allied Scheme
- Nai Udaan – Support for Students for preparation of Main Examination who clear Prelims conducted by UPSC/SSC, State Public Service Commission (PSC) etc.
- Skill Development
- SeekhoaurKamao (Learn & Earn)
- USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/ Crafts for Development)
- Maulana Azad National Academy for Skills(MANAS)
- Concessional credit through National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC)
- Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP)
- NaiRoshni – The Leadership Development of Minority Women
- JiyoParsi – Scheme for Containing Population Decline of Parsis in India
- Waqf Management
- Scheme for Strengthening of State Waqf Boards
- Computerization of the records of State Waqf Boards Scheme
- Reasearch/ Studies, Monitoring and Evaluation of Development Scheme Including Publicity
Support to Institutions
- Corpus Fund to Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF)
- Equity to National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC)
- Grant in Aid Scheme to State Channelising Agencies of National Minorities Development & Finance Corporation